What are Veneers?
Veneers are very thin shells, typically made of porcelain or resin, which are bonded to the front of your teeth to enhance the beauty of your smile. Porcelain veneers are an excellent choice for enhancing your smile because the color and translucence of porcelain is a great match for the natural appearance of tooth enamel.
Our dentist may recommend veneers to:
- Close large spaces and gaps between teeth
- Whiten teeth that are severely stained or discolored
- Improve the appearance of irregularly shaped teeth
- Correct slightly crooked teeth
- Restore teeth that are broken, chipped, worn, or fractured
How are veneers designed and placed?
This procedure usually takes two appointments. Dr. Amee will take a mold of the teeth and, along with you, choose a color for the veneer.
The second appointment will involve cleaning the veneer with special liquids and cementing it to the front of the tooth.